Library of Congress Classification Outline
The Library of Congress Classification Outline (LCCO) is the main system used by the Arizona State University Libraries in the cataloging of our books, journals and media (dvds and videos).
- See our Finding Materials in the ASU Libraries page for the locations of our libraries and for information which floor levels house the physical collections within those libraries.
- The majority of Hayden Library's circulating books by or about Austen will have a location of "HAYDEN STACKS" and because of their call numbers will be shelved on the 3rd floor; see our Hayden Library Level 3 floorplan.
Call Numbers for English Literature - Especially Jane Austen
- See Class P - Language and Literature
- Subclass PR focuses on English literature.
- Titles focused on 19th century, 1770/1800-1890/1900 have call numbers within the PR3991-5990 range.
- Many materials authored by Jane Austen are assigned a PR4034 call number (linked LC Call Number search).
- Many materials focused on Jane Austen as subject are assigned a PR4037 call number (linked LC Call Number search).