Link to Tutorial
(1887+) Indexes literature in psychology & related disciplines (sociology, linguistics, education, medicine, law, physiology, business, psychiatry, & anthropology). Covers journals, books, chapters, dissertations & technical reports.
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
Link to Tutorial
(1975+) Provides articles on a wide range of academic subjects including psychology. Features full text for selected journals, abstracts and indexing for over 3,600 scholarly journals.
For more, related databases, click on the Articles tab in this Guide.
When You Are Using a Library Database
1. Sometimes the article is fulltext in the database you're using!
2. Click the button to see if ASU Libraries owns the article in another database.
if not online at ASU Library...
3. Choose the InterLibrary Loan (ILLIAD Service) option to order your article. It will be delivered to you through your Illiad account, online.
1. Enter your ARTICLE title in Library One Search. HINT! If you put the title of the article in quotation marks " ", the search will be a little more specific. Usually, just a simple copy and paste will work.
2. Review results to find your article, click on fulltext link.
Link concepts with the word AND. For example, a good way to find articles about the relationshop between video games and the characteristics of the people who play them would be to search video games AND personality.
If there are different ways to say the same thing, consider using the linking word OR. For example, video games OR computer games.
Adding an asterisk at the end of a word will get alternative word endings. A search on child* will find the word child, but will also find childhood and children. Very handy!
Peer-reviewed Search Option
Remember to click the box that says "peer-reviewed" (located directly under the search boxes). This will make sure you get the kind of research that you probably need for your assignment.
More Search Options
Use other ways to limit as appropriate. Sometimes it helps to limit to a certain age group or population. Scroll down to the bottom of the search screen to see all your options.
If you are not finding what you are looking for, please ask for assistance. We are here to help you!