ENG 471 / ENG 540
For additional resources please see the ENG 471/540: Children's and Young Adult Literature Library Course Guide.
- This guide provides information about...
- English Journal honor title books since 1988.
- availability of those titles from the ASU Libraries.
Sources for Book Reviews
Recommended Research Databases
Book Review Index Plus [database]
Children's Literature Comprehensive Database [database]
Children's Bookwatch Index [open access publication]
Publisher's Weekly: Children's Book News [open access publication]
- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
- 2011 Children's Book Awards
- Guide Book to Gift Books: An Annotated List of Books for Youth 2011
The Cooperative Children's Book Center
(University of Wisconsin-Madison)
(The Library of Congress)
Your Favorites: 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels
(National Public Radio)
Caldecott & Newbery in ASU Libraries Catalog
To learn what books the libraries have on either Randolph Caldecott or John Newbery, you can search the ASU Libraries Catalog.
- Below are hyperlinked results to both Caldecott and Newbery as author and subject heading. Simply click on the appropriate hyperlink to execute a search of the Catalog.
- You can also learn which books have either Caldecott Medal or Newbery Medal as a subject heading by clicking on those listed hyperlinks
Caldecott Medal [Subject Heading]
Newbery Medal [Subject Heading]