More at the RefWorks LibGuide
Guides to importing from databases | To import from PubMed's new interface to RefWorks, see steps below, updated 2010 | ASU Catalog | Google Scholar
Importing Citations from PubMed's new interface to Refworks | Updated 2010
- Click in the box to the left of desired records
- From the Send To option:
- select File as your Destination
- select Medline as your Format
- select a Sort By option
- click the Create File button
- Open the file (or alternatively Save the file to your desktop)
- Use the browser's Edit and Select All to select all of the records.
- Copy the records using Edit and Copy.
- Login to your RefWorks account if you have not already done so.
- Click on References and Import at the top of the screen.
- Select NLM PubMed from the Import Filter/Data Source drop down menu.
- Select PubMed from the Database drop-down menu.
- Click in the radio button next to Import Data from the following Text.
- Click in the text box, and click on Edit and Paste. Your records will appear in the text box. (or alternatively browse to find the file you saved on your desktop).
- Click on Import.
- Your citation(s) will automatically be imported into the Last Imported Folder.
You may view the records or move them to the folder of your choice.