How to... Use SLURLs to Teleport:
Start by opening up the SL program in a separate window or on your browser. (FILE - NEW WINDOW or NEW TAB)
Login to your SL user account.
Click back to this CyberCultures guide in your browser.
Select a SLURL (to the right), and click on it.
A new tab will open called “Slurl – location-based linking in Second Life.” Click on the orange TELEPORT NOW button. (You’ll get a pop-up stating that an external application must be launched.”) Click LAUNCH APPLICATION
Click back to the Second Life page; the SL grid map will appear show your newly selected location; click the blue TELEPORT button at the bottom. Your avatar will be transported to your newly selected SLURL.
Let there be light!!!
TIP: If it’s dark in your SL region and you need more light, from the drop-down menu at the upper left of your screen, choose WORLD – FORCE SUN – NOON. Be aware, however, that some builds in Second Life look their best at midnight.
Info Island International: The home of librarians in SL.
Second Life Library 2.0: A project of the Alliance Librarian System (259 multi-type member libraries). Sponsors programs for both librarian learning and patrons, events, books, audio books, exhibits, web resources, conference center, and more
Cybrary City: A space where libraries that do not have their own land can rent space in SL.
· Mystery Manor: For mystery fiction fans. Literature, book discussions and events.
· Health InfoIsland: Consumer health outreach and reference services staffed with real-life medical and consumer health librarians
· Geneology Research Center: Genealogy research, exhibits, pathfinders, links to major URLs, list of related research libraries in the RL.
· Mythica Imagination Island: Dedicated to resources on myth, fairytale, and fables. Section on children’s literature.
· SciFi & Fantasy Portal: Dedicated to resources on Science Fiction and Fantasy.