Use one of the following databases to find peer-review articles in geography publications.
Principle Geography Indexes:
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) A multidisciplinary database in which provides access to many geography publications. This database provides full-text for over 4,650 scholarly publications, more than 3,600 of them peer-reviewed.
- Google Scholar Enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research.
- GeoRef (1785+) - Abstracts books, journal articles, proceedings, dissertations, theses, maps and government publications related to the Earth Sciences, including Physical Geography.
- GeoScienceWorld - A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences, built on a core database aggregation of peer-reviewed journals indexed, linked, and inter-operable with GeoRef.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1955+) - An interdisciplinary index to major journals in the sciences, including physical geography, planning and resource management. SCI can be used to identify who has cited a particular article.
Social Sciences Citation Index (1973+) - An index to major journals in the social sciences, including demography, cultural, economic, historical and human geography, planning and environmental studies. Indexes many of the core Geography journals with broader content. SSCI can be used to identify who has cited a particular article.
- Web of Science - Combines Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975+); Science Citation Index Expanded (1955+); Social Sciences Citation Index (1973+) Provides access to current bibliographic information and cited references covering more than 1,150 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals, 5,800 of scientific and technical journals, and 1,700 of social sciences journals in a broad range of disciplines.