NOTICE: Must create a free account while ON CAMPUS in order to access from home. Go to the library site http://lib.asu.edu | Scroll down to Most Used Resources | In second column click MDConsult | At top right click Create Account.
MDConsult limits the maximum number of concurrent users; try back later, if denied access during high volume usage.
MD Consult offers the most comprehensive information available in one convenient online resource. With instant access to full-text articles from over 80 medical journals and Clinics, 50 leading medical references across a wide range of specialties, clinically relevant drug information, and over 10,000 patient handouts, MD Consult is truly all you need.
More physicians than ever are turning to MD Consult for authoritative and relevant medical answers. Its unmatched depth and breadth exceeds the demanding needs of practitioners with a wealth of specialty information not available anywhere else - all presented in an easy-to-use format that allows physicians to:
- Diagnose with Clinical Support - Whether it's being able to quickly reference the latest full-text article from over 80 medical journals and Clinics, compare 50,000 images in the image database or leverage evidence-based summaries, MD Consult offers physicians an abundance of clinical decision support information resources.
- Easily Cross-Reference Leading Medical Texts - With 50 books covering more medical specialties than any other online resource, referencing a favorite medical textbook from leading authors has never been easier thanks to the authoritative collection of books on MD Consult.
- Understand the Latest Practice Guidelines - Updated regularly and arranged by topic, specialty, and authoring organization, MD Consult's collection of more than 1,000 peer-reviewed practice guidelines makes it easy for physicians to stay current on the latest guidelines.
- Search Smarter not Harder - Organized by what matters most to physicians, MD Consult's recommended search results pages pull out the best and most current thinking on major medical topics. And with a synonym database of over 2.5 million medical terms, you can be confident knowing that you will find what you're looking for quickly and easily.
- Discover New Treatment Options - MD Consult offers physicians multiple ways to stay on the forefront of new treatment options and medical news. The drug information database is updated regularly to show recent approvals, safety notices and even off-label usages. The MD Consult news section not only keeps physicians current on the latest medical news, it also allows them to customize RSS feeds for streaming medical news content or sign up for weekly e-newsletters.
- Educate Patients More Easily - From ABO Incompatibility to Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, your staff can customize over 10,000 different patient education handouts to suit their patients' needs. And because most of our patient education handouts feature images and are available in Spanish, physicians have access to the content they need, when their patients need it.