1. Academic Search Premier - A great place to start to search for magazine and journal articles on almost all topics. Tip: Check "peer reviewed" box to limit your search to scholarly journals.
2. America: History and Life - Indexes and Abstracts over 2,400 articles, bibliographic citations of reviews and dissertations on the history and culture of the
3. American History in Video - American History in Video provides the largest and richest collection of video available online for the study of American history, with 2,000 hours and more than 5,000 titles on completion. This release now provides 3,149 titles, with videos from new partner Pennebaker-Hegedus Films, additional videos from Ken Burns and PBS and from The History Channel, and dozens more years of Universal Newsreel, equalling approximately 766 hours
4. Arizona Archives Online - An index to archives and special collections located at institutions across
5. Arizona Index - An index to journal articles and periodical literature about
6. Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals (1934+) - Indexes journals, popular periodicals, professional association publications, US state & regional periodicals, and major serials on architecture and design. Other subjects include Archeology, City & Urban planning, Historic preservation, etc.
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals (1934+) - Indexes journals, popular periodicals, professional association publications, US state & regional periodicals, and major serials on architecture and design. Other subjects include Archeology, City & Urban planning, Historic preservation, etc.
7. Bibliography of Native North Americans (1500+) - Covers the history, life and culture of native North Americans. Indexes works from the 16th century to the present, including monographs, essays, journal articles, government documents, historical and ethnographic books, and dissertations.
7. Bibliography of Native North Americans (1500+) -
Covers the history, life and culture of native North Americans. Indexes works from the 16th century to the present, including monographs, essays, journal articles, government documents, historical and ethnographic books, and dissertations.
8. Indexes current reference sources & the retrospective works that cover individuals, both living & deceased, worldwide. Covers biographical dictionaries; who's whos; subject encyclopedias with biographical entries; literary criticism; & other sources.
9. Contemporary Womens Issues (1992+) - Provides full-text access to globl information on women. Indexes journals, newsletters, and research reports from non-profit groups, government and international agencies.
10. Dissertations and Theses (1861+) - Indexes dissertations accepted for doctoral degrees by accredited North American educational institutions and over 200 other institutions. Also covers masters theses since 1962. Starting in the early to mid-1900's, the full text is included for an increasingly comprehensive number of dissertations and theses.
11. Gale Virtual Reference Library - A searchable collection of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
12. JSTOR - Includes long runs of backfiles of scholarly journals. Subjects covered include Anthropology, Asian Studies, Ecology, Economics, Education, Finance, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Population Studies, and Sociology.
13. Legal Periodicals Retrospective (1908-1981) - Retrospective database indexes over 750 legal periodicals published in the
14. LexisNexis Congressional (1789+) - U.S. legislative information: hearings; committee reports; bills, bill tracking; Congressional Indexes; Congressional Record; Federal Register; Code of Federal Regulations; U.S. Code; Public laws; National Journal, Congress Daily, & member info.
15. Mexican-American Index - An index to photographs, manuscripts and ephemera located at the Chicano Research Collection, Luhrs Reading Room, Hayden Library. Use "digital photographs" in your search to limit results to descriptions w/attached thumbnails. Select Mexican-American Index from the list of databases.
16. MLA Bibliography (1963+) - Indexes articles in the subjects of literature, language, linguistics, and folklore from journals, books, proceedings, dissertations, etc.
17. Periodical Archives Online- (1770-1995) - Full text archive of hundreds of periodicals in the humanities and social sciences from their first issues to 1995. Allows date-limited searching.
19. Project Muse (1990+) - Provides worldwide, networked, subscription access to the full text of nearly 250 quality journal titles from 40 scholarly publishers in the the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, economics, and many others.
20. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Atlanta Constitution 1868 - 1929; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Chicago Defender 1905 - 1975; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Hartford Courant 1764 - 1984; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Los Angeles Times 1881 - 1985; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times 1851-2003; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post 1877 - 1990
21. Sociological Abstracts - Very useful database particularly for social and ethnic history -- covers theoretical & applied sociology, social science, & policy science. Includes sociological aspects of anthropology, gender studies, gerontology, family studies, health, racial interactions, social psychology, social work, urban studies, etc.
22. Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts (1995+) - Includes citations and abstracts for journal articles, books, and conference proceedings on women's studies and gender studies.
23. Women's Studies International (1972+) - Indexes women's studies materials from around the world. Covers political, economic, social & cultural issues, including political science, sociology, business, history, education, etc.
24. WorldCat (OCLC FirstSearch) - Books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Includes bibliographic records for any type of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries.