Located in the heart of the campus the control tower is original to Thunderbird Field. Over the years it has been used as classrooms, faculty and administrative offices and a cafe. In 2011 the building was completely renovated and now houses study spaces, a conference room, the ThunderShop, and the infamous Pub. Historical photographs and artifacts are on display on every level of the building, but mostly in and around the conference room.
The Herberger building, built in 1998, is the main administrative building on campus. On the first level, surrounding the AT&T Auditorium are a series of black and white photos of the Thunderbird Field No. 1, taken by the photographer John Swope. The photos feature American, British and Chinese cadets as they completed 10 weeks of training at the airfield, which was in operation between 1941-1945.
The Thunderbird Archives is located in the last remaining hangar on the northeast side of campus. The Archives house materials related to the school's history. There are several displays documenting Thunderbird Field No. 1, the history of the School and the Thunderbird Classic hot-air balloon race, held on campus for 15 years.
All over campus there are memorial plaques and dedications for students, staff, faculty and alumni that have passed away. The report below was created in an effort to document all of these memorials.