Get immediate help from a librarian via chat or email.
Your Downtown Phoenix campus librarian
Why should you cite your sources?
1. To give credit to the original author when you directly quote someone else's words, or paraphrase their ideas, within the text of your paper.
2. Your statements are more credible when you back them up with authoritative sources.
3. To allow readers to easily locate the sources you used by providing a Works Cited page.
Where should you cite your sources?
1. Within the text of your paper, in parentheses after you quote or paraphrase a source. Include author's last name and the page number (if given).
2. In the Works Cited list at the end of your paper. Include complete information about the source.
Writing Centers on all campuses
(in-person and online writing tutoring)
Writing Center at Downtown Phoenix Campus
UCENT, Room 101
el. (602) 496-4278