Assignment: Find five peer-reviewed articles on the role of exercise for prevention of diabetes in obese teenagers.
- Identify keywords (e.g., adolescents, obesity and exercise).
- Access PubMed: https://libguides.asu.edu/pubmeddb.
- Insert the keywords adolescen* AND obesity AND (exercise OR physical activity) in the search box and click on Search.
- The symbol * (asterisk) is used to broaden the search and include both singular and plural forms as well as other variations of the word (e.g., adolescen* will turn searches with the words adolescence, adolescent and adolescents). Teen* will retrieve results containg the words teen, teens, teenager, teenagers, and teenage.
- Click on Review on the left hand-side column, below Article types.
- Change the Display Settings dropdown menu (above Results) to Abstract. Click on Apply.
- If you want to check if ASU Library has the full-text article, click on yellow Get It!@ ASU yellow button.
- To check if the article is peer-reviewed (refereed): click on Get It @ ASU, scroll down and click on ulrichsweb.com link.
You can email the articles to yourself. Select the articles, then scroll up and click on the dropdown menu of Send to. Select E-mail.
ASU Library Tutorials