This guide highlight key resources needed to complete assignments in PSY290 course across ASU, including online. Learn how to find peer-reviewed journal articles, cite materials using APA Style and more.
PsycINFO Link to Tutorial
PsycInfo is the primary index for the field of psychology. Indexes research literature in psychology & related disciplines (sociology, linguistics, education, medicine, law, physiology, business, psychiatry, & anthropology). Covers journals, books, chapters, dissertations & technical reports.
For more, related databases, click on the Articles tab in this Guide.
2. Get Your Articles
When You Are Using a Library Database
1. Sometimes the article is fulltext in the database you're using!
2. Click the button to see if ASU Library owns the article in another database.
if not online at ASU Library...
3. Choose the InterLibrary Loan (ILLIAD Service) option to order your article. It will be delivered to you through your Illiad account, online.
4. Need help? Use our Ask a Librarian library chat service to get help quickly.
Have a Reference to an Article? Here is What You Do Next!
1. Enter your ARTICLE title in Library One Search. HINT! If you put the title of the article in quotation marks " ", the search will be a little more specific. Usually, just a simple copy and paste will work.
2. Review results to find your article, click on fulltext link.
3. If you are having trouble retrieving the full article, use ourAsk a Librarian library chat service to get help quickly.
AND Connector Link concepts with the word AND. For example, a good way to find articles about the relationshop between video games and the characteristics of the people who play them would be to search video games AND personality.
OR Connector If there are different ways to say the same thing, consider using the linking word OR. For example, video games OR computer games.
Wildcard/Truncation Adding an asterisk at the end of a word will get alternative word endings. A search on child* will find the word child, but will also find childhood and children. Very handy!
Peer-reviewed Search Option Remember to click the box that says "peer-reviewed" (located directly under the search boxes). This will make sure you get the kind of research that you probably need for your assignment.
More Search Options Use other ways to limit as appropriate. Sometimes it helps to limit to a certain age group or population. After you perform a search look to the left side of the screen of results to see all of the limit options available to you.
Search Help If you are not finding what you are looking for, please ask for assistance. We are here to help you!