Reading Lists is a service integrated with Canvas that enables you to successfully link and manage course materials. If you want your students to read, see or hear Library, Internet or desktop content, use Reading Lists to make course materials readily available.
Watch Dr. Leigh Wolf describe how she uses reading lists in courses in the Ed.D program at Mary Lou Fulton Teacher's College
Click on COURSES in Canvas, follow these instructions to enable ASU Library Reading Lists
1. Click on Settings
2. Choose the Navigation Menu
3. Find ASU Library Reading Lists on the bottom menu
4. Move ASU Library Reading Lists to the top box
5. Click SAVE
6. ASU Library Reading List should be visible in the menu
1. Click on the "LISTS" tab on the left hand side of the page. From here, instructors can select the "New List" button to create a list from scratch.
2. A window will pop up at the top of the screen with options to fill out the Title and a Description of the course. Once completed hit the "Create" button.
3. From this screen, select the template that best fits your needs or the "Blank" template option to create your blank reading list.
4. The course draft will appear with an option asking the Instructor to associate with a course, that option will allow Instructors to enter the course title or code. Instructors can skip this step by selecting the "Not Now" option.
5. Now that the Reading List has been set up, ASU Library Reading Lists will prompt the Instructor to start adding sections.
Trainings and webinars (as available) for the Leganto Reading List tool are listed below. You will discover the core functions of the product and see some specific examples of how to add resources from ASU Library and other sites.
This library guide was adapted from the University of Sunshine Coast, Leganto: Creating Reading Lists. https://libguides.usc.edu.au/leganto