This guide highlight key resources needed to complete assignments in PSY290 course across ASU, including online. Learn how to find peer-reviewed journal articles, cite materials using APA Style and more.
An online tutorial explaining what empirical articles are and how to find them.
Start Here for Scholarly Articles
PsycINFO Link to Tutorial Indexes literature in psychology & related disciplines (sociology, linguistics, education, medicine, law, physiology, business, psychiatry, & anthropology). Covers journals, books, chapters, dissertations & technical reports. Hint: After entering search terms, choose the PEER-REVIEWED search option.
Other Possible Databases
Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) Link to Tutorial (1975+) Covers a wide range of academic subjects including criminal justice. Features full text for selected journals, abstracts and indexing for over 3,600 scholarly journals. Hint: Search the ADVANCED search option, enter search terms and select SCHOLARLY (PEER-REVIEWED) JOURNALS option.
Google Scholar (thru ASU) Indexing to thousands of scholarly journal articles and books. Links to journals held at ASU are available. Hint: Be sure to use the Advance search option for best results.
Indexing to articles in the biomedical and life sciences.
1. Sometimes the article is fulltext or linked to the fulltext in the database you're using!
2. Click the button to see if ASU Library owns the article in another database.
if not online at ASU Library...
3. Choose the InterLibrary Loan (ILLIAD Service) option to order your article. It will be delivered to you through your Illiad account, online.
When You Have A Reference for an Article
1. Enter your ARTICLE title in Library One Search. HINT! If you put the title of the article in quotation marks " ", the search will be a little more specific. Usually, just a simple copy and paste will work.
2. Review results to find your article, click on fulltext link.