Welcome to the ASU Library Guide for online students. Created with online students in mind, you will find walk-throughs, tutorials and useful resources to learn how to use the ASU Library and tips on researching. This guide will help you learn how to:
- conduct research through the ASU Library using research databases
- learn how to request, borrow, and return physical and digital materials
- discover the variety of library services and tools available to students
This tutorial consists of six topics that are broken down to explain the different types of resources available at the library and how to access/use them.
- Research Databases -- Online research article from scholarly journals and magazines. Commonly used for research papers.
- Physical and Other Materials -- books, chapters, articles, microform, material not available from ASU Library and more. Used for research and leisure reading.
- e-Books -- Electronic books, textbooks, and reference books. Used for finding textbooks for your courses, research, and leisure.
- Media -- Movies, music, images and more. Great for research, leisure, and images needed for projects.
- Subject Librarian -- Librarians that support specific subject areas (engineering, art, music, etc.).
- Citations, Tutorials, and More -- Tools and information on citation resources, Tutorials on how to use library services, and more services available from ASU.
To get started watch the video below, and get prepared to use your ASUrite information. The bottom of each page will lead you to the next topic. This is the best way to learn everything you can about the library. You can also use the menu on the left hand side to jump directly to the resource or tool you would like to use.